Carved Document Box and Chest

 
I lately joined a workshop from Ann High to make this beautiful Document box.



A quote from the manual: The design on this document is not leaves but ears of wheat. it was made in Devon in England between 1620 and 1640 when this style was popular. We can estimate that it is this date because this was the only time that weath was grown in this area.



About a year ago I also joined a workshop from Ann to make the chest with the tilting scene. A week before the workshop of the document box started I took time to sharpen the chisels and to practise a little. This "little time of practising" became a week and I made this chest wich you have probably
seen before.



David Hurley uses a similar model for workshops and I love these carving patterns. I changed the patterns and sizes my way. Several day's later I learned new techniques from Ann so I think I'll sand this chest to improve the carving and mayby use other stain.
 

6 comments:

  1. Oooh, dus jij hoort bij deze Blog, ik volg je al een tijdje! ;-) Je kist is prachtig geworden!! En die andere vind ik trouwens ook erg mooi!
    Ik heb de mijne ook af! http://margriets-miniatures.blogspot.nl/
    Groetjes, Margriet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! These are beautiful pieces. The workshops must be excellent. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Het is prachtig, ik zou je oefenkist gewoon zo laten en eventueel een andere kist maken. Het ziet er schitterend uit.
    Miniatuur groeten, aurora

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful - what intricate carving!

    Jonquil

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Monique,
    I love the design you chose. The box is just beautiful. Your skills are excellent.
    Terrific job.
    Big hug,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hoi Moon,
    Pas nu je blog ontdekt en daarmee je prachtige houtsnij werk. Ann High's klassen zijn lijken ieder keer een groot succes, want nu ook weer een prachtig resultaat. Je improvisatie wat begon als oefen kist voor je geslepen beitels is misschien nog wel beter. Ik ben benieuwd welke nieuwe techniek je daarin wilt verwerken.
    Veel plezier en succes!

    ReplyDelete