Embroidered Sampler

 
 
 
 
Instead of the vintage I have put down our initials; this way it
is not tied to a time period. This sampler is embroidered on
silk gauze 48 count and the size incl. the frame is 5 x 4 cm. ( 1,9" x  1,5" )
 
This sampler was to try before I started with this 19th Century
Persian Carpet using the 40 count silk gauze.
 
 
And Yes, I do remember saying I'll never emboider a carpet again
after I finished the last one last autumn ... 
I'll probably say the same after I finished this one ....  :-)

6 comments:

  1. Hello Monique,
    The new project is off to a great start. I can't wait to see it progress. Lovely sampler.
    big hug,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sampler is very pretty and the carpet already looks the business. What will the finished size be?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Giac, Idske, thanks for you compliments!

      Idske, the pattern is a design from
      Annelies de Kort and using the 40 count silk gauze the size will be appr. 9,8 x 14,6 cm (3,8"x 5,7")

      Delete
  3. félicitations pour vos merveilleuses broderies !
    rosethé-Minima

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your sampler! Can't wait to see little house to be finished. Mini hugs, Natalia

    ReplyDelete